Results of Lietuvos Energija Group in Q1 2019: adjusted EBITDA increased of due to the consequent investments in to the network and green generation
Lietuvos Energija, UAB, (hereinafter – the Company) identification code 301844044, registered office placed at Žvejų str. 14, Vilnius, Republic of Lithuania. The total nominal value of issued bonds 600 000 000 EUR; ISIN codes XS1646530565; XS1853999313.
In the 1 quarter of 2019, as compared to same period of 2018, Lietuvos Energija Group’s adjusted profit before the interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortisation (adjusted EBITDA) increased 9.8 percent and totalled EUR 79.9 million. The result was mainly affected by growing investments in the modernization and development of electricity and gas networks and an increase in the portfolio of wind farms.
“Almost a year ago we presented Group’s strategy LE 2030 which emphasizes a shift to green energy, development in international markets, and focus on network reliability and digitalization. Today we see that we have chosen the right direction – tangible results are already brought by the production of Group’s wind parks and the successful use of our competencies”, – Darius Maikštėnas, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Lietuvos Energija, comments.
According to him, Lietuvos Energija today is at a stage of active investment and implementation of new innovative ideas. This will ensure that the company becomes a modern international company, creating value for Lithuania.
Group‘s net profit totalled EUR 18.8 million (EUR 32.1 million in 1st quarter 2018). The main reason for this was a change in the market value of derivative instruments used in supply activities. At the end of 1st quarter 2019, negative interim market value was recorded, but it may change in the future until the transactions close.
Key indicators of the 1st quarter 2019 of Lietuvos Energija Group:
- the Group’s revenues increased by 19.8 percent up to EUR 429.3 million (during 1st quarter of 2018– EUR 358.3 million);
- operating costs changed by 13.2 percent and reached EUR 36.3 million (during 1st quarter of 2018– EUR 32.1 million);
- the Group’s adjusted EBITDA grew by 9.8 percent, up to EUR 79.9 million (during 1st quarter 2018 – EUR 72.8 million);
- adjusted return on equity (ROE) reached 6.8 percent (during 1st quarter 2018 – 10.9 percent);
- the Group’s net profit was EUR 18.8 million, 41.5 percent smaller (during 1st quarter 2018 – EUR 32.1 million);
- investments grew by 54.2 percent, up to EUR 89.3 million (during 1st quarter 2018 – EUR 57.9 million). The majority of investments was allocated for the development of combined heat and power plants and renewal and expansion of electricity distribution grid.
* The Group’s EBITDA result is adjusted by (1) eliminating the deviation of actual and regulated revenues whereby the Group’s future financial results will be adjusted; (2) eliminating the results of atypical, one-off factors and factors, which have no direct relation with the reporting period. All adjustments made by management are disclosed in interim and annual reports of the Group.
More information: Artūras Ketlerius, Head of Public Relations of Lietuvos Energija +370 620 76076, email@example.com